Like building a successful business or career, the key to looking great and feeling great is a product of consistent daily habits to better yourself. One thing that often gets overlooked by guys on their journey to looking better is establishing a grooming routine that will help you look your best today and for years to come.
One of the best (and easiest) things you can do to upgrade your grooming routine is to start using a men’s face oil to keep your skin hydrated and looking young. Even if you’re in your early 20s with bright, youthful skin, it never hurts to build good habits early that will serve your future self. You may not see instant results, but if you stick to a solid skincare routine, you can bet that women will begin to notice.
How to use face oils
Knowing how to apply face oils is straightforward. It helps to read the bottle’s instructions, but you don’t need to apply more than a few drops. Start by rubbing the oil between your hands, then massaging them into your face, neck, and beard area. Applying the oil after you’re clean from taking a shower is best, so start by making it a part of your morning or bedtime routine.
Popular face oils
When picking out a quality face oil, you want something that has a proven track record for improving your skin and not clogging pores. Good quality oils will contain some—and maybe just one—of the following high-quality ingredients for nourishing your skin and preventing aging1:
- Jojoba oil: An oil produced from the seeds of the jojoba plant that has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce redness and ease the effects of eczema and rosacea.
- Rosehip seed oil: An ancient oil produced from the fruit and seeds of the rose plant. It’s commonly used for its valuable healing benefits and contains skin-nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids.
- Argan oil: Produced from the kernels of the argan tree native to Morocco. Argan oil is commonly used as an anti-aging product due to it being rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Evening primrose oil: Derived from the evening primrose plant’s seeds and contains the fatty acid linolenic acid, which can help fortify the skin barrier and reduce skin inflammation that can cause acne breakouts.
- Tea tree oil: Derived from the leaves of the tea tree, this essential oil is commonly used to treat a range of ailments, including acne, athlete’s foot, lice, nail fungus, and insect bites.
- Olive oil: Even commonly used cooking oils such as olive oil can be used as an antibacterial and moisturizer for your skin.
- Coconut oil: Another popular cooking oil with antimicrobial properties that can help reduce inflammation, moisturize skin, and even help heal wounds.
- Avocado oil: Avocado oil has high concentrations of vitamin E, potassium, and lecithin, to nourish and moisturize skin. The essential fatty acid, oleic acid, is also shown to promote collagen production, accelerating healing and helping with minor burns.
The best face oils for men
While “best” may be subjective, some skincare products certainly take care to provide a proven formula with quality ingredients. As someone that has preached about having a proper grooming routine, I’ve spent enough time experimenting with different products to determine which works best for me. Whether you have dry or sensitive skin, these are the best men’s face oils I’ve found so far:
Noble Body’s The Original Face Oil for Men
Noble Body’s The Original all-natural face oil is designed to be a multipurpose oil used as part of your moisturizing routine, pre-shave and post-shave routine, or just to cleanse and purify your skin whenever needed. This oil uses all-natural ingredients such as argan, jojoba, evening primrose, rosehip, and coconut oil to keep your skin hydrated and clear.
The Original face oil is also free of all junk, such as artificial fragrance, synthetic preservatives, endocrine-disrupting ingredients, soy, mineral oil, and all petroleum-based ingredients. If quality is important to you, this would be my top choice.
I’ve also found that it makes for a great beard oil thanks to its lightweight feel and refreshing fragrance. Many beard oil products I’ve tried can have an overpowering aroma and make your beard feel like it’s been caked in bacon grease, so this works great as a two-in-product for hydrating your face and beard. Get Noble Body here.
Jack Black MP 10 Nourishing Oil
Jack Black MP 10 Nourishing Oil is packed with ten quick-penetrating natural oils that deliver essential nutrients, fatty acids, and antioxidants for your hair and skin. MP 10 provides anti-aging and firming benefits using argan, moringa seed, marula, grapeseed, and baobab oils.
It can be used as a daily moisturizer or pre-shave or post-shave oil. At $35 for a two-fluid oz bottle, it’s also one of the more cost-effective oils to get started on your grooming routine.
Aesop Fabulous Face Oil
A concentrated hydrating formula designed to purify, balance, and soften your skin. It includes key ingredients such as juniper berry, ylang-ylang, evening primrose, and jasmine pedal to help detoxify, decongest and balance skin. Its simple formula is designed to deliver hydration and brightness to congested and dull skin, but it’s also the priciest option at $59 for a 0.8 fluid oz bottle.
The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil
This 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil is extracted through a cold-pressing technique that preserves the integrity of the oil’s fatty acids, vitamins, phenols (including caffeic acid), and carotenes. The oil naturally hydrates your skin while combating dryness and supporting healthy-looking skin and can also be used as a beard oil or in your hair to increase softness and sheen. It’s also the most affordable option at around $7 for a one fluid oz bottle if you’re looking for something cheap to get started.
Why should you care about using face oils
Let’s first get one thing straight. Taking good care of your largest organ—your skin—isn’t just something that women do.
What you may not know is that face oils are an all-in-one tool that can help with many things, including preventing wrinkles, balancing skin tone, treating acne-prone skin, and preventing dry, flaky skin. Some face oils also contain SPF to protect your face against the sun’s damaging rays.
While the list of benefits seems endless, face oils aren’t a cure-all for all skin conditions. If you have skin concerns or notice abnormalities, please consult with a dermatologist before experimenting with different products.
Face oil benefits
Face oils do a lot more than just moisturize your skin. In fact, most face oils are natural oil blends that break down the oily, waxy substance known as sebum that occurs naturally on your face. The best facial oils for your skin type can even balance your skin tone and reduce how much oil your skin naturally produces. But the benefits don’t stop there; in fact, face oils provide numerous benefits, including:
- Supporting a healthy skin barrier
- Producing a long-lasting radiant complexion
- Protecting against free radicals
- Stimulate collagen production to prevent the chance of fine lines (aka wrinkles)
- Reducing blemishes and evening out your complexion
- Replenish dry, itchy skin
- Naturally reducing oily skin
Creating the right skincare routine
Looking good doesn’t have to be complicated. Getting the basics right, like hitting the gym and eating healthy, will get you 95% of the way there. But if you really want to stand out and take care of yourself for the long term, having a proper skincare routine goes a long way. Even better, it costs almost next to nothing to get started and requires little effort.
Taking good care of yourself not only does wonders for your health but also boosts your confidence as you become more desirable to the opposite sex. So take your skincare routine seriously by picking up a bottle of face oil. I recommend Noble Body’s The Original face oil due to its all-natural formula that takes no shortcuts on quality ingredients. Give it a try here through my link and let me know what you think.(I get a small % of each sale to help pay the bills)